May 30, 2023
Hi Everybody,
We’re here and are enjoying our first morning in our “flat”. We just
finished breakfast and before we head to the temple we are going to talk
to someone about how to do our assignment of working on patron housing.
Yesterday was a bit crazy. We got to Suva around 8:00 and the mission
President and his wife picked us up. We then went to their home for
breakfast with some of the other senior couples. Everyone is so kind.
Then one of the couples, Brother and Sister Hatch, took us to the
grocery store. I didn’t have a list so you know I wasn’t prepared. It’s
quite different. We might be eating a lot of chicken! We came home and
put the groceries away and then went back to town. We got our phones
figured out, bought dad a skirt, me some sandals and went to the open
market. Came back, finished putting groceries away and unpacked. We then
went to dinner at the temple presidents home and met more people. It
was a full day. I’m glad we get to start at the temple today. I’ll be
set apart as an ordinance worker for the Fiji temple and dad is going to
be a volunteer recorder. It’s beautiful here. The temple is right out
our window. President Marcus took some pictures. When we get them I’ll
send them to you. I have one at the market and we’ll try to take some
today at the temple. I hope you’re all enjoying the beginning of summer.
I miss you, but feel at peace with what we’re doing. Bryce, the temple
recorder thinks he remembers Jake from when he was a boy. Ask him if he
remembers someone with the last name of Gounder.
Love you all, Grandma
Kay


![]() | ||

Comments
Post a Comment