August 13, 2023
Bula Everyone,
I didn't send out an email last week. The week just
seemed to get away from us, but we have had a great couple of weeks.
The temple hasn't been too busy, but the next couple of weeks will be
rather crazy. We have groups from Vanuatu, Kiribati and Nadi coming in
one right after the other.
We have had a new missionary
couple come. Their names are The Walk's. They are from Washington and
are great people. We share a vehicle so we have been doing quite a few
things together. We went to Pacific Harbor one day (the only nice day
we've had for a couple of weeks). It was actually a beautiful day. The
only other people there were two men that were cleaning the beach.
Their names were Makai and Joe. Before we left they picked us some
coconuts and fixed them so that we could try out the juice and the fruit
inside. The juice wasn't bad but the fruit was kind of slimy. They
were so nice, just like most of the people in Fiji. A lady from India
has started teaching yoga to some of us sisters. She has been doing yoga
for like 40 years. I go one morning a week. It does feel good.
We
got a bunch of new pants for the temple that needed to be hemmed, so I
borrowed a sewing machine and have been working on those. Tonight we
are going to a farewell dinner for a couple that will be leaving on
Friday. We went shopping today and bought me a new dress and Lynn a matching shirt. I think we'll wear them tonight. (I can see my daughters rolling their eyes)!
Sunday
we went to church in a small village called Nasautoka about 90 minutes
away. The church was held in a school. There were a bunch of kids that
wanted to show me their classrooms. Inside reminded me a little of
home. They had the alphabet and different things hanging on the walls
just like we do, but everything was at least 20 years old. The kids
were so proud of their school. I'm always amazed at how happy the
people are with so little. The meeting was all done in Fijian.
Although I couldn't understand anything they said, I could feel the
spirit as strong as if they were speaking English. The highlight was
when they sang "Put Your Shoulder to the Wheel" in Fijian. Everyone,
including the smallest child knew every word. I'm sure you could hear
their singing far away. They love to sing. Before every baptism at the
temple, the youth always sing a hymn. I love when I am close enough to
hear them. Their voices bear such a strong testimony. We also went to
a chapel in Korovou. You went up a dirt road to the top of a mountain
to a beautiful chapel. It overlooked the whole valley.
I can't believe school starts so soon. My Heber grandkids start this week.
In
closing, I have had the opportunity to do quite a few sealings the last
couple of weeks so I have been able to really listen to the ceremony.
What beautiful blessings are promised us. I would encourage all those
who can to attend the temple and perform some sealings. If you haven't
in a while, you will love the things and promises that are given. I
know that the work that goes on in the temple is inspired by the Lord,
not only to lead us back to His presence, but to help us in this life
also.
Congrats to all those who participated in the fair.
Sounds like it was a great success. And thanks to all those that helped
those kids with their projects in any way.
Hope you all have a wonderful week. Enjoy the last week before school starts.

Comments
Post a Comment