July 31, 2023

Wow!  Two months spent in Suva.  Can't believe it.  I don't think I realized how much time had gone by until the kids back home said they were going school shopping.  Where did the summer go?

It's been a good and busy week.  Tuesday was transfer day and we got a chance to help.  They had so many new missionaries and companionships, that they needed extra drivers.  We took three elders to lunch and then to their new flat in Lami.  One of the elders was brand new, just arrived in Suva the day before and another was experiencing his last transfer.  What a difference between the two.  We couldn't get the elder that will be leaving the end of August to leave the parking lot and get in the car. He was having a hard time telling everyone good-bye. The new elder was from Utah and seemed a little shell shocked!  It will be interesting to watch him the next few months. It was fun to spend time with them. 
The temple was rather slow this week except for the baptistry.  We had a couple of humanitarian groups from the US.  They're always fun to talk to and see where they are from.  Friday we had at least 70 baptisms between 4 and 6 and Saturday was really busy too.  If these kids could get their parents to come, we'd have a full temple!
We had a fun day on Saturday.  We went with the other senior couples and had a picnic on the beach.  It was a beautiful day spent with some wonderful people who are becoming such good friends.  
Sunday after church we went on an adventure.  We started out to take a drive around the whole island of Fiji.  We went as far as a place called Lakouta and spent the night.  It's up north.  The scenery is so different up that way.  Not as tropical and there are even some mountains.  We also went through a pine forest.  It reminded us of going from home to St. George.  Today we went over to Nadi and went out on Denarau Island where all the resorts are.  It was beautiful and we look forward to going back and staying there.  
This week as we were studying Come Follow Me, I really liked where it talked about being God's offspring.  I don't think I have ever thought of it quite that way. As I think of how much I love my own children and pray for all good things for them, it made me think how much more our Heavenly Father thinks of us and wants us to do all we can to return to live with Hhim.  I hope we can all contemplate that this week and try our hardest to live our lives how He would want us to.  As school will be starting soon and my grandkids are faced with so many temptations, I hope they will remember the things Heavenly Father wants them to do and how much he loves them.  You are all in my prayers daily. 
Love to you all,
Lynn and Kay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 19

December 3, 2023

Sunday, June 11, 2023