September 4, 2023
Happy Labor Day!
No Labor Day here in Suva, but Sunday was Fiji Father's Day. So Lynn
had two Father's Days this year. We didn't really do anything for
either one of them. Not much going on this week, other than another
busy week at the temple. We have 2 couples that are here for the next 6
weeks from Kiribati. They are training to be temple workers because
they are getting a temple in Kiribati. (It hasn't been started yet, but
announced). They are so excited to be here. I marvel at them. Their
English is okay, and they are working so hard to learn the ordinances. I
can't imagine trying to learn something like that when you don't even
really speak the language. They're getting it and will be such a
blessing to the saints on that island.
Saturday we helped the
senior couple over housing. They have such a huge job. We are having a
lot of new missionaries coming and they have to find new housing for
them and then equip it with everything they need. Lynn helped move some things into a new flat and I helped make curtains.
They are a fun couple and they had us stay for dinner. Today I helped
make sandwiches for all the missionaries that were coming in today.
Tomorrow is transfer day, so it is always a little hectic. On Sunday we
went with the temple president and matron to a fireside that they were
speaking at. We got there and no one came. The bishop forgot to tell
them it was cancelled. So I guess they have talks ready for the next
time.
Today we went to check out a zip line for when the
kids come in November and then we did a little sightseeing. We ran into
a group of kids that were playing a game. I can't remember what they
called it, but it involved hitting kids on the head and slapping them on
the cheek. They were having a ball. We also saw a place that sounded
very inviting to eat--Cannibal Country. I don't think we will try it.
Tomorrow
we're having a couple for dinner that have been staying at patron
housing. They are from Taveuni. They went through the temple 8 years
ago and hadn't been back since. They were here all last week and liked
it so much they decided to stay another week. They left their 8 kids
home with grandma. I told them they just needed another week off from
kids. They are darling and it's been fun to get to know them.
I
look so forward to my time in the temple. It's where I find peace and I
love the Fijian sisters I serve with and serve as patrons. I'm even
getting better with their names!
Hope you all have a wonderful week.



Comments
Post a Comment