October 16, 2023

Bula!

It's been another wonderful week in paradise!!!!  The best part is that the temple reopened!  It was so good to get back.  It wasn't as busy as I thought it would be, but we were glad to welcome whoever came.  It was a fun week because a lot of the missionaries were able to come before transfers.  During one of the sessions I was in the Celestial Room when they came in after their session.  As I watched these elders and sisters enter and immediately bow their heads in prayer, I was so touched.  What an elect group of young men and women.  Such strong spirits and testimonies.  I know that our church will be led by these men and women and with the Lord's help great things are going to happen.  We feel it such a blessing to serve beside them.
I mentioned last week that we were heading to Nadi to take our friends to the airport.  It was fun to spend their last night in Fiji with them.  We headed right back to Suva on Tuesday morning.  It's not too long of a drive when you don't stop--around 3 hours.  We got home and went down to Alfred Park for Fiji Days.  It reminded us of the 4th of July in Plain City.  People were lining the park sitting under trees with their families.  It's a much bigger park and the trees were palm trees, but the feeling was the same.  There were booths set up, entertainment and a parade.  They could use a little help to make their parades a little more interesting.  Their idea of a parade is soldiers and and police marching a lot! But it was fun to see what was going on.  There were a lot of people at the beach.
 
Lynn got his Fijian drivers license this week.  I'm not planning on driving.  It looks too scary to drive on the wrong side of the road and the drivers are crazy!!  I'm more than happy to just be the passenger.
 
Today was such a good day.  It was transfer day.  We had 22 new missionaries coming.  Lynn and another senior took our big 12 passenger vans to the airport to pick them up.  We also had to have another smaller van and truck go along to bring their luggage.  They had lunch and were given some instructions and then we got to take them shopping.  They each were supposed to get three sulus and a pair of sandals.  It was funny watching them try on their sulus and practice sitting in them.  Such a difference in each missionary.  Some are very confident and others you could tell were terrified or maybe just exhausted.  Most of them had been on airplanes for 12 - 18 hours.  It will be fun to watch their progress.
 
We still are having pretty mild weather, high 70's and not too humid.  Everyone keeps telling us to wait.  By November I guess the heat really hits.  I'm not really looking forward to real humid, hot weather.
It's still hard for us to believe that we are really here, even though it's been over 4 months.  But we know we are here for a reason and pray that we are doing the things the Lord has sent us here to do.  We love this gospel and the many blessings that have come our way because of it.  Don't take it for granted, stay strong and know that our Heavenly Father knows you and loves you.
All our love,
Lynn and Kay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 19

December 3, 2023

Sunday, June 11, 2023