January 22, 2024

Happy Monday to Everyone,

Hope everyone has had a great week. It's been a good week here. Busy at the temple. We had a fun experience. We had a group come that were from America for baptisms. I was visiting with them and found out that they were from Morgan and Ogden. They asked me where I was from and when I said we were from Plain City, they asked if we knew Faye Crowther! They were Crowther's and cousins of Glade's! Small world. We took pictures together and she sent them to Faye. It was fun to visit with them. Then later in the week we saw some people walking around the temple. We started talking to them and they were from Idaho. They again asked where we were from and when they found out where we were from, asked if we knew Jen Hanchett. Wow!  She's in our ward and was my ministering companion. They were her cousins. It's funny that so many people that we run into know someone we know. It shows that Fiji is a great place to visit. We would love visitors from any of you. We're here a few more months. We would be great tour guides! 
We had a very special sealing on Saturday. It was a local family. The kids were so good. They came at 6:30 with their parents and had to wait until the sealing at 10:30. They never made a sound the whole time they were waiting in the waiting room. There was a beautiful 12 year old girl, an 8 year old boy and an 7 year old girl. After I got the 7 year old dressed, she said she felt like a bride. The oldest daughter couldn't stop looking at herself in the mirror. I attended the sealing, and when they told them they were now an eternal family, the oldest daughter started crying. She was so happy and I think had wanted it for a long time. I love days like these. 
We went to dinner to some people's home in our ward. They had come to our place a couple of weeks ago. They wanted us to come for a barbeque. They had barbequed lamb and chicken. The chicken was delicious. Lynn did try the lamb and said it was good. They are a great family. It was fun to be in their home. 
Avocado season is just starting. I am so excited. I will post a picture of our first avocado. The picture doesn't show how big it was--it was bigger than my phone. The other picture of my favorite lunch--avocados and mangoes. I will miss the fruits I can get here.
I know you have had a lot of snow. The day you had so much snow, we went to Pacific Harbor for lunch to a beautiful place. I couldn't help but send a picture to the kids. There was quite a difference. But we are missing the snow a bit.  
Love you all and think about home a lot, but are doing what we are meant to be doing. Stay strong and enjoy the wonderful lives you all have.
Love, Lynn and Kay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 19

December 3, 2023

Sunday, June 11, 2023