January 30, 2024
Hi Everyone,
It sounds like spring has come to Utah. Hopefully
winter won't return in March. Things here are going great as usual. I
knew we had been busy but I guess I didn't know how busy. The Suva
Temple has averaged around 7,000 ordinances a month. By adding those
extra 2 hours 3 times a week, with one day to go we have done almost
10,000 ordinances at the temple. That is huge! I really believe
President Lesuma was truly inspired to add those extra times.
Lynn
has had a rough couple of weeks. About 2 1/2 weeks ago he had a rash
on his back. We thought it might be a heat rash and the mission nurse
gave him some cream. After a few days, it turned into big sores all
across his back. We thought he had shingles. When we finally went to
the doctor, he said they were boils full of infection. They were really
big and very infected and so painful. The doctor put him on some
antibiotics and gave him some pain medicine. After two weeks they are
finally starting to heal and the pain has subsided. We go to the doctor
tomorrow. We think he will probably have to lance them to drain out
the infection. Hopefully that will be the end of it. I think boils are
pretty common here because of the humidity.
I love Mondays
here (Sundays at home) because we get to talk to the family. When we
got done this week, we were both a little homesick. Since it wasn't
raining we decided a beach day was what we needed since the temple was
closed. We went to a different beach and when we got there there were a
bunch of kids playing in the ocean. When they saw us they came over
and wanted us to play with them. It was just what we needed. It wasn't
quite the same as our grandkids, but it felt good just to have fun with
"little people". One was even named Ben! Yes there is a pig in the
ocean with the kids. They were taking it hunting to lure in a bigger
pig! All in all it turned out to be a great day.
Today school
started here after their summer break. Starting next week I am going
to help at the primary school down the street one morning a week. I am
going to help with kids and their reading. I am really excited.
Glad
we are staying busy. We love the work and miss you all. We know the
time will go by fast and we'll be home before we know it. We need to
enjoy every minute we have left with these wonderful people. Stay strong,





Comments
Post a Comment